Thursday, November 26, 2009

iTunes 9 in Windows 2003 Server

Thursday, November 26, 2009 Posted by Andre Broers
First thing I did was extracting the distribution exe with 7zip to a folder.

Then I installed the AppleMobileDeviceSupport.msi with to following trick:

Download the transform file from: http://tinyurl.com/mzwmmz.


Run this command from the directory with the apple msi's:

msiexec /i AppleMobileDeviceSupport.msi TRANSFORMS=w2k3.mst
 
After this you need ORCA to edit the iTunes.msi to disable the IpodService:
 
Drop the ServiceControl and ServiceInstall tables from the iTunes.msi file.
Also remove the InstallServices and StartServices from InstallExecuteSequence.

After this install the iTunes.msi file and it all went fine on my server.
BTW. you can't sync ipod's, but I use this server to stream music to my other pc's (with sync possibilities) in the house.
 
have fun..